Smooth out your Skin with Wrinkle Surgery in Germany
The way to Smooth Glowing Skin
How do we Define Wrinkle Therapy?
The skin ages, it is an unstoppable, natural and biological process which causes various skin changes which predominantly happens between the ages of 20 and 30. Fortunately, there are external factors that can delay this biological process, these include: a healthy diet, sufficient sleep and exercise. Of course on the flip side to this, Stress, unhealthy diet, consumption of alcohol and/or tobacco promotes the formation of wrinkles and aging skin.
In the course of the aging process, the moisture content and the content of fatty tissue in the subcutaneous tissue decrease. The breakdown of elastic collagen fibres also increases. This leads to the formation of wrinkles, mature skin shows reduced elasticity.
What Methods are Involved in Wrinkle Therapy?
Wrinkles can be treated either surgically or non-surgically and depending on the treatment, these will differ considerably in effort, result, indication, risks and costs. An operation is of course more complex than a simple injection with filler but surgery often offers more than Botulinum injections.
In the case of wrinkle therapy, the indication, i.e. the indication for treatment, also differs. For young women, surgery, e.g. a facelift, would be nonsense and totally unnecessary for older women, surgery is the only effective way to properly solve aged skin, fillers can only conceal the problem, not solve it.
This means: the techniques and methods for wrinkle smoothing do not compete with each other, but complement each other. In the following article, we provide an overview of the procedures and the differences that are available in the practice and clinic.
Which Wrinkle Smoothing Treatment Shows the longest Results?
- The effect of Botulinum lasts on average four months, this can be shorter for people with a high metabolic rate, e.g. very active athletes.
- For Hyaluronic acid, the shelf life depends on the variety of the type used: The fine hyaluronic acid used for lips and tear ducts lasts for about six months, the firm one for volume build-up for about 24 months.
The facelift has been successfully used for many years to smooth wrinkles and combat aging, with this method, the surgeon makes skin incisions in the area of the hairline and around the ear. The skin is detached over a large area and the facial muscles are tightened. The resulting excess skin is removed and the sutures are placed in inconspicuous places.
Wrinkle Treatment using Botulinum
Botulinum suppresses or reduces – depending on the dosage – the activity of muscles, as a result, the skin that is over these muscles no longer folds. This means that frown lines, forehead wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes can be treated effectively.
In addition, Botulinum Toxin with medical indication is used when excessive muscle activity leads to diseases such as migraine, spasticity, etc.
More information about Botulinum here
Wrinkle Injections using Hyaluronic Acid
It is a filling substance that is prepared as a gel and can be used in different ways:
- To inject wrinkles and to lift them up. Wrinkles caused by the sinking of the tissue are suitable for this, a classic for this indication is the nasolabial fold.
- To compensate for tissue shrinkage: As we get older, part of the tissue, especially fat, is reduced. Hyaluronic acid underpins the regions and compensates for this, for example on the cheeks and at the transition from lower lid to cheek.
- For lifting scars: This can be used to fill in the depression.
- To replace joint lubricant: Synovia: Orthopaedic surgeons use it to treat the early forms of arthrosis.
More information about hyaluronic acid here
Wrinkle Filling with own Fat
With the transfer of one’s own fat, the loss of volume can be treated and wrinkles can be filled. The fat is removed from other parts of the body, processed and injected under the skin. Used sensibly, the fat remains permanently in the transferred area and can replace the hyaluronic acid.
More information about autologous fat here
What Risks are Associated with Surgical Wrinkle Treatment?
Although rare, every operation has a risk attached to it, these risks stem from things like; the surgeon’s experience, the techniques used and relevant factors on the part of the patient.
Surgical methods such as facelifts can lead to bleeding and excessive bruising. Necrosis (death of skin) is the result of disturbances in the blood supply or an infection, occurring more frequently in smokers. In most cases, further surgery is not necessary and the necrosis is replaced by an acceptable and hardly visible scar.
In patients who smoke, the blood supply is reduced, they are affected by complications more often and if an inflammation occurs in the surgical area, the administration of antibiotics is often necessary.
If the patient has herpes, a drug, a virustatic agent, must be taken before and after the operation.
Other risks include;
- Hair loss around the incision (avoidable with correct incision technique)
- Damage to sensitive and motor facial nerves (This has never happened before in the beauty-pro.de clinic!)
- Persistent swellings (avoidable with correct OP technique)
- irregular shrinkage and/or thickening of scars (if this occurs, it can be corrected)
- Displacement of the hairline (avoidable with correct surgical technique)
Which Criteria are Important When Choosing a Clinic for Skin Smoothing?
Who is Allowed to Perform Wrinkle Lifting in Germany?
Wrinkle treatments are on the increase and often it is not easy for a patient to find a good practitioner because:
- In Germany, qualified and unqualified doctors as well as other professional groups perform aesthetic treatments.
- The term “cosmetic surgery” is not protected, ANY doctor can call themselves a “cosmetic surgeon”.
Dermal fillers, for example hyaluronic acid or other fillers may be injected by any recognised expert, just like the drug Botulinum Toxin. It does not matter whether it is an internist, paediatrician or urologist, such an injection is a medical practice requiring a licence. In order to achieve the gentle and desired result and to avoid side effects, they require medical expertise.
In Germany, cosmeticians and alternative practitioners may also offer injections. This means: one should take a very close look at who one entrusts oneself to and who has the necessary knowledge: after all, anatomy, physiology, hygiene and aesthetics are also at play here.
How Important is the Experience of the Doctor in Smoothing out Wrinkles?
With face lifts, as in all surgical procedures for wrinkle treatment, a well-founded training of the doctor and many years of experience are essential. Only a specialist who has already carried out numerous successful operations is able to assess each face individually and then determine the right type of wrinkle treatment. By choosing the right doctor, undesirable results such as over- or under-correction can be avoided.
What Kind of Doctors are Suitable for Wrinkle Therapy?
For all wrinkle treatment methods, the choice of the right doctor or clinic is important, the experience and training of the attending physician are the most important factors in the decision. Competence and diligence are the be-all and end-all. The relationship of trust between the specialist and the patient also plays a very important role for a successful treatment.